Secfor's 19 day High Threat Protection Specialist course gets GI Bill approval - 10/10/2012
The High Threat Protection Specialist Course was concieved and designed by Secfor International for MiraCosta College in Oceanside California. Secfor has provided MiraCosta College a team of experienced instructors and subject matter experts to deliver this course.
Currently the MiraCosta-Secfor team delivers two courses covered by GI Bill benefits:
1) Certified Armed Protection Specialist course
2) High Threat Protection Specialist Course
Only courses that have participated in a lengthy approval process by the US Department of Veterans Affairs, and actually received an approval code, are allowed to accept your GI Bill funding. These schools and courses that have been approved will then be listed on the US Department of Veterans Affairs official website. If a school and/or course is not on this website, it cannot honor your GI Bill veteran benefits. Please do your research carefully.
To locate our listing on the US Department of Veterans Affairs official website, please click the below link and follow the instructions we have provided below.
GI Bill Website
Click on the above link and where you are asked for Institution Name. enter: “miracosta”
Then for type of program select, “Non College Degree”
Got down to the US map, and click on the state of California or “CA”
This will direct you to MiraCosta’s Community Service page
Click on: “MIRACOSTA COLLEGE CS&BD”
Then click on:
And finally click on:
“NON COLLEGE DEGREE”
You will then see a list of courses approved for GI Bill funding, including:
- Certified Armed Protection Specialist Course
- High Threat Protection Specialist
Secfor's CEO invited as speaker at ESI/EPI conference | December 1-2, 2012 in Las Vegas, NV, USA
Secfor management has been invited to be one of the speakers at the 2012 ESI/EPI EPIC Lifeforce Conference
Below are topics that will be covered in the seminar. Secfor will cover the types of details you can expect in Mexico, specific threats to your client and your teams, kidnap mitigation strategies, tricks of the trade directly from our agents n the field, additional training that must be considered when working in this region, and putting together practical advance packages that every agent must have before heading south.
Also discussed will be realistic anti-kidnap strategies operationally proven on the streets of some of the most dangerous areas of Mexico. This is the first year that Executive Security International and Executive Protection Institute have teamed up for this yearly conference. Don't miss this iconic event and amazing networking opportunity. Click HERE to reserve your place!
Some key points that will be covered includes:
- Why Mexico is a unique operating environment for Executive Protection Specialists
- Legalities of working security in Mexico | Licensing | Visas
- What companies are working here and what they look for in new agents (What not to put in your resume or CV)
- Different types of details you are likely to encounter in Mexico
- Realities of the violence in Mexico | Difference in Northern & Southern Mexico
- The kidnap threat and current methods
- Life saving driving tactics operationally proven on the streets of Mexico
- The firearms question | Who can be armed & how does this affect the expat protection specialist
- Working with local security forces | The pros and cons
- Local law enforcement | A double edged sword
- Communications | Local Mobile phones | US & foreign carriers | Nextels | Black boxes
- GPS Tracking | Vehicle | Personal tracking devices| The Chip
- Medical | Local capabilities | What medical training should you have before working in Mexico
- Intelligence | What is reliable and what isn't | What you're not being told, CAN hurt you
- Mission Package preparation | What is it and why you must have it
- Surveillance Detection Techniques specific to Mexico | How they will watch you & what you can do
- Recovery Investigations (Kidnap & Ransom support)
- Real-world examples of kidnap attempts, hostile surveillances & probes, straight from our field agents
- What training should you focus on, and where to get it
Contact us for more details.
Secfor's Kidnap Response on Discovery Channel - 12/08/2011
Secfor began Kidnap Resolution services in 2008 and have resolved numerous cases to date. Our intelligence- based approach is highlighted on Discovery Channel's Kidnap & Rescue series. Episode 4.
Our success is due to a deep understanding of the motivations and processes of those involved as well as utilization of local assets and information.
Secfor offers anti-kidnap seminars to executives and managers that work, travel, or live in Mexico. Our seminar, Living Outside the Box, Personal Safety Strategies for Mexico Travelers, can be delivered to your staff at your location in English, Spanish or French.
Contact us for more details. All inquiries will be confidential.
New focus for 2011 | Mexico Safety - 1/03/2011
Since 2007, Secfor personnel have provided consultation, training and protective services in northern Mexico and Mexico City. In 2011 we will concentrate our efforts in this region. Our methods of avoidance and mitigating the specific area threats have been operationally proven by our security consultants and executive clients.
Courses and Services in 2011 will include:
- 4-hour Executive Safety Seminars
- 3-day Executive Safety hands-on course
- 30 hours of Live Online Protective theory courses
- 6-day Mexico Protection Specialist course
- Tactical Trauma Care courses to Mexican Law Enforcement and Military
- Recovery Investigations & Support
- Maquiladora Safety Services
- Armored Vehicle Rental & Manufacturing
Contact us for more details. All inquiries will be confidential.
Executive Safety Courses in Mexico - 9/12/2009
With the influx of violence in Northern Mexico, Secfor specialists have been called on to develop and deliver custom courses to executives working and traveling in this area. Current regional case studies are examined and dissected before each course, to give the participants the most up-to-date information regarding the threats to them and their families. Rather than giving participants statistics regarding the trend of violence, recent kidnappings and violent assaults are examined and course participants learn the skills necessary to detect an attack before it happens and the techniques to avoid or escape a worst case scenario. Link to Executive Safety Course Page.
Some course topics include:
- Offensive/Defensive Driving
- Unarmed Combat
- Emergency Trauma Care
- Surveillance Detection
- Emergency Actions
are currently conducting private and group courses in Northern Mexico and Southern California. If your group would like more information, call us at 1.888.270.1911 or click the link below to leave us a message. All inquiries will be confidential.
Contact us for
Civilian courses in San Diego - 2/11/2009
International is currently offering training in San Diego to civilian and private security. Group or
Private instruction is available in a variety of subjects from the
first-time beginner or the advanced practitioner. Some courses include:
- Executive Protection Subjects
- Defensive Handgun
- Defensive Shotgun
- Combat Carbine
- Rifle Marksman
- High-Risk Protection Specialist
- High-Risk First Responder / Bodyguard Tactical Medic
- Unarmed Combat for Security & Law Enforcement
- Women's Unarmed Defense
- Women-only handgun
are currently running private and group instruction and will be posting
our training calendar soon. Call or email us today to get started!
Secfor Conducts Trauma Management to Military Units
In early 2009, Secfor International and its partners will begin conducting Tactical Combat Casualty Care courses in San Diego, California. These courses will be primarily for military and law enforcement units supporting the ongoing Global War On Terror (GWOT) campaign, including Special Operations personnel. The training will consist of basic & advanced combat trauma care including the most realistic hands-on lab evolutions available.
Secfor's medical instructors are former combat medics including former special operations personnel from all branches.
For training inquiries, please contact us.
UAVs to combat piracy
in the areas such as the Gulf of Aden and the East and West coasts of
have long plagued commercial shipping. Though passive measures can be
somewhat successful, our maritime security specialists have developed a
more proactive & effective solution to combat the
recent upsurge of piracy in these dangerous maritime environments.
Onboard radar can detect potentially hostile crafts in the vicinity of
the cargo or passenger vessel but, by the time
identification of that craft is made, it may be too late to deploy
countermeasures or call for help. Utilizing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
(UAVs) our teams can track and identify friend from foe craft, before
those intent on causing harm are close enough to pose a serious threat.
This time cushion allows for the initiation of early
warning systems and notification our security reaction force or
coalition support. Using
UAVs is a cost effective method to secure
a large number of commercial vessels in vast, predefined, overlapping
specialists can provide a full solution to maritime criminality
staff has trained thousands of US Military personnel how to protect
their vessels, piers and facilities in maritime environments. We can
train your crew or, help you put together a comprehensive,
multi-layered, asymmetrical defense against piracy and other maritime
- On-shore and off-shore protective
- Tracking and identification of
- Immediate threat response
- On board security specialists
- Afloat security force training
- Maritime Interdiction
- Post incident crisis management
Secfor commences Mexico
operations - 2/09/2007
security consultants have been engaged to conduct risk assessments and
provide security solutions to executives and travelers to the Tijuana
and Mexico City regions of Mexico. In the near future, our
teams will expand services to all parts of Mexico concentrating on
business operations along the Mexico/ USA border regions.
Maintaining business continuity in these areas has become increasingly
difficult due to the escalating security situation but, with proper
consultation and support, risks can be greatly mitigated. Our approach
is to take a low profile posture and, through proper planning and
In certain circumstances clients choose not to employ close protection,
but rather have all of their movements tracked via our quad band (GPS
and Cellphone signal for indoor & outdoor tracking) personal
tracking devices. Our 24 hour monitoring stations, currently located in
San Diego and Tijuana, can track personnel, vehicles and cargo in the
Tijuana region of Baja California.
Utilizing roaming low-profile
surveillance teams, we can verify personnel movements and locations,
check route deviation alerts, and immediately respond to distress
signals. In case of a hostile act, an immediate reaction force
is guided in by our tracking agents, and the eyes-on surveillance team,
We are the regional pioneers of this complete solution and, the only
consulting firm with the capability and infrastructure to employ these
methods in Tijuana and surrounding
areas. In late 2008, our tracking & response services will
expand to other parts
of Mexico and to other high-risk areas of the world. Some of our
Contact us for
- 24 hour Real-Time tracking
- Low-profile surveillance teams
- Security Advances (route and site)
- Immediate Reaction Force
- Local Security Team Training
- Close protection, low and high
- Surveillance Detection services
- High-Threat Environment Survival
training to executives and travelers
- Security Escort &
consultation for tour groups
News on Mexico Violence
Latest News on Mexico Kidnapping
US State Department Mexico page